Privacy & General Data Protection Regulations
Our Commitment to your Privacy
We are committed to keeping your personal details safe. This policy explains how and why we use your personal data, to ensure that you remain informed and in control of your information.
When we work with other organisations or individuals, we always set up a written contract with them to protect your data. The third parties we work with at no point 'own' your data, so you will never hear from them indpendently and they will always delete your data from their systems when they have completed the task in hand.
We will never sell your personal data.
What information do we collect?
We collect and store the following types of personal data:
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us in relation to the purchase of our products - name, postal address, email address and telephone contact number.
- Information relating to the details you provide us with when registering for our newsletters or access to our trade information - name, email address, company name, company address and company telephone number.
- Information relating to your company if you become a trade customer or supplier - company name, contact name/s, company address, company telephone number, company email address, company fax number, VAT number, banking details for suppliers where we pay you by electronic payment and other contact details you choose to send us.
- Personal information that you submit to us in relation to customer feedback and our competitions on our website.
We only share information with PayPal to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing the payments you make either via our website or over the phone.
We never store payment card information.
Our Cookies help us to:
* Make our website work as you would expect
* Remember your settings during and between visits
* Improve the speed and security of the site
* Allow you to share pages with social networks
Using this information
The information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- To send you goods purchased either through our website, our sales partners or direct.
- To process your personalised orders.
- To send statements and invoices and to collect payments from you.
- To send you relevant newsletters and commercial communications relating to our business.
- To enable your use of some of the services available on the website.
- To deal with enquiries made by customers.
With the personal information that you submit in relation to customer feedback and our competitions, we may publish this information on our website and in other relevant materials.
Sharing and disclosure
We may disclose some information about you to:
- Our employees to manage our business.
- Our sales agents & partners in relation to our trade relationship with you.
- Other suppliers if agreed with yourself in relation to supporting your business.
- Our trusted 3rd party suppliers who print, pack or deliver our products to you.
- In addition, we may disclose information to the extent that we are required to do so by law or in order to establish or defend our legal rights or for fraud prevention.
- We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you.
How we protect your privacy:
We use reasonable security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alterations of data. We store the information on our secure computer systems. However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
All 3rd party suppliers who require your data as part of our transactions with you are asked to sign our Data Processing Agreement.
Why did you receive an email from us?
If you have received a mailing from us,
a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (“opt-in”), or
b) you are a trade customer who we have a professional and commercial relationship with, or
c) you are a professional who we have a genuine reason for contacting as we think either you will benefit from the content or we have a requirement to get information from you
We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
How can you stop receiving emails from us?
If you wish to stop receiving emails from us, or to change your expressed interests, please email us at [email protected] On your request, we will suppress your contact details and we are sorry for disturbing you.
Leaving our website
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other website linked to our own websites. If you have followed a link to or from another website, you may be supplying information to a third party.
We will only store information for as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required.
Changing the information we hold
We respect your right to control your data. If your personal details change and you want us to amend them, please let us know by contacting us at [email protected]
Removing the information we hold
You can ask us to remove your records by contacting us. We will be happy to remove any non-legislative information. Please email [email protected]
Making a Complaint
We aim to exceed your expectations in everything we do, however, we know that there may be times when we do not meet our own high standards. When this happens, we want to hear about it in order to deal with the situation as quickly as possible and put measures in place to try to stop it happening again.
We take complaints very seriously and we treat them as an opportunity to develop our approach.
We will make sure the relevant people in our company are made aware of complaints and we will investigate them in a fair and timely way. Our aim is that all complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired and that we learn from them to improve what we do.
To make a complaint, please contact us at [email protected] or phone +44 (0) 1225 866225
The full policy can be downloaded here.